Dutch reseller SLTN has snapped up comms provider HPS Connectivity Solutions, just months after its CEO and co-founder Eugene Tuijnman became a majority shareholder in the company.
Based in Oss in the Netherlands, HPS Connectivity Solutions bills itself as a telecommunications provider offering IP telephony, call centre solutions, wireless solutions, and "connected healthcare".
The firm has around 20 staff. Its founder and CEO, John Braken, is set to remain at the head of the company and will work closely with Tuijnman.
SLTN claims the acquisition will enable it to deliver and manage "high-quality and innovative" communication and care solutions to a wide range of customers.
In a statement, Tuijnman said HPS' expertise with comms vendor Mitel and its cloud-based unified comms products will be of benefit to its joint customers.
"We see in particular a lot of synergy in the area of larger tenders and private tender requests. The requirements that a tender must meet in terms of certification, breadth of the product and service portfolio, legal aspects and the financial capacity of the parties can be perfectly met through strategic cooperation," said Tuijnman.
"SLTN, for example, has a great deal of experience with tenders with, among others, the government, provincial and municipal authorities."
He added: "By being able to offer the Mitel telecommunications portfolio to these customers through the experience and expertise of HPS, a win-win situation is created for all parties involved,"
Tuijnman acquired an 80 per cent stake in SLTN in September, having previously been a minority shareholder for the last 10 years. New investor ING now owns the remaining 20 per cent of the company.
The €175m-turnover firm works mainly across healthcare, finance and government and has around 700 staff.
Some say performance, others say money but it may be systems and processes that carry the day
At Juniper Network's EMEA conference, partners told CPI what they make of Juniper's bid to take on Cisco in the enterprise space using its MIST acquisition
View all of the photos from last week's Channel Innovation Awards in New York
But Q3 is still the second best quarter of server shipments on record, logging 'near historic highs', despite a slump from Q3 2018